No, not really.
But this is a rather personal case study, because I received multiple email messages designed to look as if I had been. And all of them were criminal extortion attempts.
- How do you know whether someone has hacked your account if you receive email messages like the ones I did?
- Four steps your clinic can take to survive a similar attacks.
How can I protect access to my confidential accounts?
- Lessons learned from the PharmaNet Breach.
Lessons learned from a private medical clinic that was audited by OIPC following a privacy complaint.
- Includes 12 recommendations that arose from the audit, many of which would be helpful to any medical clinic in British Columbia.
- This case study is also Part 3 of our series on Best Practices.