Our Acceptable Use Policy
Corban Technology Solutions ("CTS") provides resources on this site for the benefit of the public, our staff and business associates.
Information made available for exclusive access by our staff and business associates is intended for only our staff and business associates..
By using or downloading any material from these areas, you agree that the material shall be for your personal use only.
In the case of publications such as newsletters, no items may be reproduced for other parties without the consent of CTS.
Acceptable use of all areas of the CTS's websites include but is not limited to, respecting the rights of other users, intellectual property rights, truth in communication, ownership of data, system security and integrity, sustaining the integrity of systems and related physical resources, and complying with all relevant policies, laws, regulations, and contractual obligations.
Use of the CTS's websites, social media and other on-line resources requires each user to adhere to the following standards of acceptable use:
- Respect the privacy and personal rights of others by ensuring that use of the CTS's web-enabled resources and electronic communication tools do not constitute invasion of privacy, harassment, defamation, threats, intimidation, unwarranted annoyance or embarrassment, or discrimination based on race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Respect and preserve the performance, integrity, and security of the CTS's computing and electronic communication resources. Ensure that use of those resources does not circumvent system security and does not achieve or aid others to achieve unauthorized access.
- Protect the purpose of the CTS's computing and electronic communication resources to carry out CTS business by ensuring that use does not result in improper commercial gain for the CTS, or personal commercial gain or private profit.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others by ensuring that use of the CTS's computing and electronic communication resources does not violate any copyright, trademark, file protections or other security boundaries.
Violation of Policy
Unacceptable uses of the CTS's computing and electronic communication resources include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Use the CTS's resources in a manner that would constitute harassment, invasion of privacy, threat, defamation, intimidation, obscenity, unwarranted annoyance or embarrassment, or discrimination based on race, sex, national origin, disability, age, religion, or sexual orientation;
- Use the CTS's resources to make copies of licensed or copyrighted software except as allowed by the license or copyright;
- Deliberately violate security boundaries, or to conceal known violations of security boundaries even when such violations were inadvertent;
- Use another’s user id without his or her authorization;
- Crack passwords, obtaining confidential information through unauthorized means;
- Impersonate another, real or not, individual, machine or organization;
- Access or transmit information that belongs to another user or for which no authorization has been granted;
- Attempt to make unauthorized changes to data stored on the CTS's information systems;
- Use the CTS's information resources for unauthorized advertising;
- Unauthorized copying of data stored on the CTS's information resources;
- Knowingly use unlicensed or improperly licensed software on the CTS's information resources.
- Take any action that jeopardizes the availability or integrity of any IAP computing, communication, or information resources;
- Attempt to bypass the CTS's IT security systems;
- Violate federal, provincial or local laws, including copyright infringement; and
- Use the CTS's information resources for unauthorized commercial purposes.
All users of this site are bound by their duty to adhere to applicable laws relating to civil rights, harassment, copyright, security and other statutes relating to electronic media. This policy does not preclude enforcement under the laws and regulation of local countries or jurisdictions.
At its discretion, the IAP will take appropriate action, including recourse to legal measures if necessary, to address any violation(s) under this policy.
The IAP reserves the right to monitor and record the usage of all computing resources as necessary to evaluate and maintain system efficiency and acceptable use; and may further monitor, record and legally disclose usage by individuals, including the disclosure of individual.
Date of last revision: May 28th 2020